While I am asking for advice on guidance on this topic, I hope that you can see that your comments might help also other people in the same situation as me. 🙂
I am currently a PhD student (business) and am realizing and seeing the incredible power of having a strong personal brand. While I enjoy research and teaching as much as consulting companies, I would much rather focus on the industry side and provide research-based and actionable tools and models for companies as well as provide my view/analysis of current affairs and developments.
I am quite early in the process, so research-wise and in the field, I have not yet the legitimacy of others nor really any name, but I would like to start as early as possible to build my presence in order to reap the benefits later. In short, I think that **my biggest problem is a lack of legitimacy.**
**I have read many articles and posts on personal branding, but they provide as much value as much of what we’re teaching (theory vs. practice)**…. so I am happy for any additional and deep insights!
Now I am planning on building my personal brand and am really struggling on many decisions. So far, I am pursuing following ideas to build my brand.
* **Personal website** – showcasing myself and publishing articles on different topics
* **LinkedIn** – posting valuable content (articles, visualizations, models à la business model canvas, etc.)
* **Twitter** – not really sure how to leverage
* **Podcast** – I have no legitimacy yet, don’t think I could get guests on + more legitimized actors could come and basically push me out of the space
* **Instagram** – yes, but not sure how much potential for more serious content
* **Books / Guest posts/articles/ Guest podcasts** – I guess I have no legitimacy yet for any publisher/outlet to seriously consider my content (really would love to publish a book though)
Regarding content, if I write an article that I think provides quite a high level of value, is it worth to publish it on LinkedIn or your own website considering that I might have nearly no audience or very limited audience? How would you prioritize which content should be published where?
**Lastly, I really don’t want to become these guru-types, so I would really hope that I can avoid reposting facebookesque videos and the alike.**
I am really grateful for any help I can get!
Thank you so much in advance for any comment!
View Reddit by cagarruta – View Source